Installing Child Restraints Using The Vehicle Seat Belts
The seat belts in the passenger seating positions are equipped with an Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) to secure a Child Restraint System (CRS). These types of seat belts are designed to keep the lap portion of the seat belt tight around the child restraint so that it is not necessary to use a locking clip. The ALR will make a ratcheting noise if you extract the entire belt from the retractor and then allow the belt to retract into the retractor. For additional information on ALR, refer to “Automatic Locking Mode”. The chart below defines the seating positions with an Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) or a cinching latch plate.
• N/A — Not Applicable
• ALR — Automatic Locking Retractor
1. To install a child restraint with ALR, first, pull enough of the seat belt webbing from the retractor to route it through the belt path of the child restraint. Slide the latch plate into the buckle until you hear a click. Next, extract all the seat belt webbing out of the retractor and then allow the belt to retract into the retractor. As the belt retracts, you will hear a ratcheting sound. This indicates the safety belt is now in the Automatic Locking mode.
2. Finally, pull on any excess webbing to tighten the lap portion around the child restraint. Any seat belt system will loosen with time, so check the belt occasionally, and pull it tight if necessary.
To attach a child restraint tether strap:
1. Rotate the cover over the anchor directly behind the seat where you are placing the child restraint.
Tether Strap Mounting
1 — Cover
A — Tether Strap Hook
3 — Attaching Strap
B — Tether Anchor
2. Route the tether strap to provide the most direct path for the strap between the anchor and the child seat.
3. Attach the tether strap hook (A) of the child restraint to the anchor (B) and remove slack in the tether strap according to the child restraint manufacturer’s instructions.
Ensure that the tether strap does not slip into the opening between the seatbacks as you remove slack in the strap.
An incorrectly anchored tether strap could lead to increased head motion and possible injury to the child. Use only the anchor positions directly behind the child seat to secure a child restraint top tether strap.
The license plate lamp is located under the tailgate light bar and above the license plate. 1. Using a small screwdriver, press inward the locking tab on the outboard side of the lamp assembly an ...
Flash Lamps with Lock
When ON is selected, the front and rear turn signals will flash when the doors are locked or unlocked with the RKE transmitter. This feature may be selected with or without the sound horn on loc ...
Programming Additional Transmitters
Programming Key Fobs or RKE transmitters may be performed at an authorized dealer. ...