Preparations For Jump-Start
The battery in your vehicle is located between the left front headlight assembly and the left front wheel splash shield. To allow jump-starting there are remote battery posts located on the left side of the engine compartment.
Remote Battery Posts
1 — Remote Positive (+) Post (covered with protective cap)
2 — Remote Negative (-) Post
• Take care to avoid the radiator cooling fan whenever the hood is raised. It can start anytime the ignition switch is on. You can be injured by moving fan blades.
• Remove any metal jewelry such as watch bands or bracelets that might make an inadvertent electrical contact. You could be seriously injured.
• Batteries contain sulfuric acid that can burn your skin or eyes and generate hydrogen gas which is flammable and explosive. Keep open flames or sparks away from the battery.
1. Set the parking brake, shift the automatic transmission into PARK and turn the ignition to LOCK.
2. Turn off the heater, radio, and all unnecessary electrical accessories.
3. Remove the protective cover over the remote positive (+) battery post. To remove the cover, press the locking tab and pull upward on the cover.
4. If using another vehicle to jump-start the battery, park the vehicle within the jumper cables reach, set the parking brake and make sure the ignition is OFF.
Do not allow vehicles to touch each other as this could establish a ground connection and personal injury could result.
NOTE: • You can replace “John Smith” with any name in your mobile or favorite phone book. You can also say “Send a message to John Smith” and the system will ask you which phone number you wa ...
Customer Assistance For The Hearing Or Speech Impaired (TDD/TTY)
To assist customers who have hearing difficulties, the manufacturer has installed special TDD (Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf) equipment at its customer center. Any hearing or speech imp ...
Third Row Center Shoulder Belt Instructions
The shoulder belt for the third row center seat is located in the headliner slightly behind the third row seat. Pull the strap down and secure the small latch plate of the lap belt into the small ...