Preparations For Jump-Start
The battery in your vehicle is located between the left front headlight assembly and the left front wheel splash shield. To allow jump-starting there are remote battery posts located on the left side of the engine compartment.
Remote Battery Posts
1 — Remote Positive (+) Post (covered with protective cap)
2 — Remote Negative (-) Post
• Take care to avoid the radiator cooling fan whenever the hood is raised. It can start anytime the ignition switch is on. You can be injured by moving fan blades.
• Remove any metal jewelry such as watch bands or bracelets that might make an inadvertent electrical contact. You could be seriously injured.
• Batteries contain sulfuric acid that can burn your skin or eyes and generate hydrogen gas which is flammable and explosive. Keep open flames or sparks away from the battery.
1. Set the parking brake, shift the automatic transmission into PARK and turn the ignition to LOCK.
2. Turn off the heater, radio, and all unnecessary electrical accessories.
3. Remove the protective cover over the remote positive (+) battery post. To remove the cover, press the locking tab and pull upward on the cover.
4. If using another vehicle to jump-start the battery, park the vehicle within the jumper cables reach, set the parking brake and make sure the ignition is OFF.
Do not allow vehicles to touch each other as this could establish a ground connection and personal injury could result.
WARNING! • Improperly inflated tires are dangerous and can cause collisions. • Under-inflation increases tire flexing and can result in over-heating and tire failure. • Over-inflation reduces a ...
Uconnect™ Multimedia (Satellite Radio) — If Equipped
Satellite radio uses direct satellite-to-receiver broadcasting technology to provide clear digital sound, coast to coast. The subscription service provider is Sirius Satellite Radio. This servic ...
If you need assistance at any prompt, or if you want to know your options at any prompt, say “Help” following the beep. The Uconnect™ Phone will play some of the options at any prompt if you ask ...