Fuel Economy (Econ) Mode
The Fuel Economy (ECON) mode can improve the vehicle’s overall fuel economy during normal driving conditions.
Press the “econ” switch in the center stack of the instrument panel and a green light will indicate the ECON mode is engaged.
Fuel Economy Mode Switch
When the Fuel Economy (ECON) Mode is engaged, the vehicle control systems will change the following:
• The transmission will upshift sooner and downshift later.
• The transmission will skip select gears during shifts to allow the engine to operate at lower speeds.
• The torque converter clutch will engage at lower engine speeds and remain on longer.
• The engine idle speed will be lower.
• The overall driving performance will be more conservative.
• Some ECON mode functions may be temporarily inhibited based on temperature and other factors.
Children Too Large For Booster Seats
Children who are large enough to wear the shoulder belt comfortably and whose legs are long enough to bend over the front of the seat when their back is against the seatback should use the lap/s ...
Selection Of Lubricant
It is important that the proper lubricant is used in the transmission to assure optimum transmission performance. Use only the manufacturer’s recommended transmission fluid. Refer to “Fluids, Lub ...
Preparations For Jacking
1. Park the vehicle on a firm, level surface as far from the edge of the roadway as possible. Avoid icy or slippery areas. WARNING! Do not attempt to change a tire on the side of the vehicle c ...