Fuel Economy (Econ) Mode
The Fuel Economy (ECON) mode can improve the vehicle’s overall fuel economy during normal driving conditions.
Press the “econ” switch in the center stack of the instrument panel and a green light will indicate the ECON mode is engaged.
Fuel Economy Mode Switch
When the Fuel Economy (ECON) Mode is engaged, the vehicle control systems will change the following:
• The transmission will upshift sooner and downshift later.
• The transmission will skip select gears during shifts to allow the engine to operate at lower speeds.
• The torque converter clutch will engage at lower engine speeds and remain on longer.
• The engine idle speed will be lower.
• The overall driving performance will be more conservative.
• Some ECON mode functions may be temporarily inhibited based on temperature and other factors.
WARNING! Exhaust gases can injure or kill. They contain carbon monoxide (CO), which is colorless and odorless. Breathing it can make you unconscious and can eventually poison you. To avoid breat ...
The pages that follow contain the required maintenance services determined by the engineers who designed your vehicle. Besides those maintenance items specified in the fixed maintenance schedul ...
Controlling The iPod Or External USB Device Using Radio Buttons
To get into the iPod /USB/MP3 control mode and access a connected audio device, either press the “AUX” button on the radio faceplate or press the VR button and say USB or Switch to USB . Once in ...