Rain Sensing Wipers — If Equipped
This feature senses moisture on the windshield and automatically activates the wipers for the driver. This feature is especially useful for road splash or overspray from the windshield washers of the vehicle ahead. Rotate the end of the multifunction lever to one of the five intermittent wiper sensitivity settings to activate this feature.
The sensitivity of the system is adjustable from the multifunction lever. Wiper sensitivity position 3 has been calibrated for best overall wiping sensitivity. If the operator desires more wiping sensitivity, they may select sensitivity positions 4 or 5. If the operator desires less wiping sensitivity, they may select sensitivity positions 2 or 1. Place the multifunction lever in the OFF position when not using the system.
• The Rain Sensing feature will not operate when the wiper speed is in the low or high position.
• The Rain Sensing feature may not function properly when ice or dried saltwater is present on the windshield.
• Use of Rain-X or products containing wax or silicone may reduce rain sensor performance.
• The Rain Sensing feature can be turned on and off through the EVIC (if equipped). Refer to “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)/Personal Settings (Customer-Programmable Features)” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
The Rain Sensing system has protective features for the wiper blades and arms. It will not operate under the following conditions:
• Low Temperature Wipe Inhibit — The Rain Sensing feature will not operate when the ignition is first switched ON, and the vehicle is stationary, and the outside temperature is below 32°F (0°C), unless the wiper control on the multifunction lever is moved, or the vehicle speed becomes greater than 0 mph (0 km/h), or the outside temperature rises above freezing.
• NeutralWipe Inhibit—The Rain Sensing feature will not operate when the ignition is ON, and the transmission shift lever is in the NEUTRAL position, and the vehicle speed is less than 5 mph (8 km/h), unless the wiper control on the multifunction lever is moved or the shift lever is moved out of the NEUTRAL position.
• Remote Start Mode Inhibit — On vehicles equipped with Remote Starting system, Rain Sensing wipers are not operational when the vehicle is in the remote start mode. Once the operator is in the vehicle and has placed the ignition switch in the RUN position, rain sensing wiper operation can resume, if it has been selected, and no other inhibit conditions (mentioned previously) exist.
Maintaining Your Air Bag System
WARNING! • Modifications to any part of the air bag system could cause it to fail when you need it. You could be injured if the air bag system is not there to protect you. Do not modify the com ...
All glass surfaces should be cleaned on a regular basis with MOPAR Glass Cleaner or any commercial household-type glass cleaner. Never use an abrasive type cleaner. Use caution when cleaning the ...
Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit
The doors will unlock automatically on vehicles with power door locks if: 1. The Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature is enabled. 2. The transmission was in gear and the vehicle speed returned ...